COVID-19 continues to have real impacts on our communities. If you need help, please reach out to one of these organizations offering help to vulnerable communities.
- Huron Valley COVID-19 Mutual Aid Request Form
- The African Bureau of Immigration & Social Affairs (ABISA) has some funds to cover bill payments. Call (947) 517-7451 for more information.
- Food programs at the Mercado at Southwest Detroit
- Food programs at the FREC City in Eastside Detroit
- Food programs at the YMCA
And, of course, our legal services are still available to anyone who needs help! You can talk to us over video or phone call or make an appointment to come see us at the Southwest Legal Clinic on Wednesday afternoons.
The Southwest Detroit Immigrant and Refugee Center provides free and low-cost legal services to those who need them most in the Detroit area, with a focus on recent immigrants and refugees.
We were founded in 2014 by Kevin Piecuch, our Executive Director